"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain : The Innocents Abroad, 1869)

Saturday 3 July 2010

Up up and away

Today's THE day ! ! !

To save leaving Brum very early in the morning to travel down, I travelled down last tonight and stayed at the Easy Hotel (no smart cracks please) - just a quick shuttle ride to Terminal 5. It's the first time I've flown from there, so the trip's new experiences will start almost straight away.

After using my AmEx credit card for years I've amassed enough Brownie points (aka BA Air Miles) to use them to travel in premium cattle class !  A £900 return flight for free - apart from years slaved to places taking AmEx cards.  Seats in this cabin give an extra 7" of leg room (bliss); 2" more recline (snore) and 1" more in seat width (no comments please). I'm also allowed a second piece of hand luggage and 2 pieces checked luggage (max 23 kgs each) - shame I shall be travelling light.  Some of the spare weight will be taken up by bits I'm taking out for people at Serian Camp.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Bon Voyage, John!