"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain : The Innocents Abroad, 1869)

Sunday 25 July 2010

Bush telegraph

I'm now gradually settling into life and work in the bush.  All the people - guests and staff - are good company and the work's not too hard.

So far I've written an introduction to the Camp to be placed in every room and contributed to the Company's blog.  At the moment, I'm reviewing its (not existent) fire fighting capability - there's isn't a fire engine within 3 hours travel from here !  I think it will result in the purchase of many fire buckets and some extinguishers !

As I get time, I will add postings covering the time I was travelling with Bob, Mary and Michele : they should appear in the right chronological order.

No comments: