"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain : The Innocents Abroad, 1869)

Monday 21 June 2010

1,000 Visitors

I've been surprised how many people have visited this site - it was originally only supposed to be a way to help us plan our trip to Kenya.

Now it's broken the 1,000 barrier and many people (>13%) are coming back for a second and third visit.

I'm glad it's been so popular but my only disappointment is that so few people have left a comment. I suppose I will just have to get used to 'talking' to myself.

Reports over the past few days indicate that the migration has already reached the Massai Mara and that today the first few Wildebeest have crossed the Mara River. We initially thought that we would be there too early in the year to see this spectacle but it seems as if we may be lucky !

The only cloud on the horizon is that the balance of the owed money I had transfered to Roving Rovers doesn't seem to have arrived in their bank account ! It's gone from mine and I have paid both my and RR's bank costs but the actual money is missing ! Patrick at RRs seems fairly laid back about this but the last thing I want is to arrive in Nairobi and there not to be a Landy to take us off on our travels.
.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

John, I have been following your site regularly and hope to gain some insight and tips for a family trip to Kenya in the future. I live along the Pacific Coast in central California, and our family (w/2 kids, ages 8 and 11) enjoys traveling.

Thanks to your recent post, I signed the "Stop the Serengeti Highway" petition. It is hard to believe that there are actual plans in the works to cut across the animal migration path. Hopefully, those plans will change.

I look forward to seeing how your journey progresses! May you see a huge flood of animals!

Warm wishes,
Kathy

Easyl said...

I hope you enjoy your trip to Kenya.I am from Kenya and i have never seen the migration!Just on TV.Carry some warm clothes because it is a bit chilly this time of the year.